Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Movin' On Up...To the WEST Side

The first two photos are of my old home studio as I began to pack things up last week for the move. My massive drawing table had already been dismantled at this point and put out by the front door. The "studio" as it is here, actually occupied my master bedroom. It will be nice to have the space back, I need it! Plus there are only two windows in the bedroom, one of which is covered by the cool Superman banner (courtesy of those fine fellows at Annin & Co.).



Here much of my supplies and reference ended up in these boxes, waiting to be moved out of my living room and into the new space....



And here we are in the new studio space. I had some time on my hands last night, so I thought I would get moving, why wait? The third photo shows where my drawing area will be (to the right of the short wall) and where my office and computers, scanner and printers will be (on the left, more clearly seen in the second photo). The space is 699 sq. ft., features built in cabinets in a "kitchen" area complete with counter top and a sink. The space also has 4 large windows and one narrow window (next to the front door), plus plenty of overhead fluorescent lighting.

No comments: