Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Movin' Part 2

When I was still living in New Jersey, I shared a rented studio space with four fellow artists, Mark McMurray, Ronnie Casson, Brian Bilter and the late Mark Griffin. We five were Joe Kubert School alums who also happened to work together for a brief time at the flag company Annin in Roseland, N.J.

We had dubbed our space, Clark Studios, after a band that Mark Griffin was in at the time called simply, Clark. We had the studio from Fall of 1998 to the Fall of 1999, never to return.

When we first got the space, there was a nameplate stuck on the door from the previous occupant. It read: Barbara Newman Electrolysis. I "borrowed" the nameplate and had it hanging over the door of my home studio for the last nine years. I decided it needs to be mounted in the new studio someplace. I temporarily placed it on my front door while my "Which Way Studios" nameplate is being made...


I have been intrigued for years about this enigmatic Barbara Newman and her Electrolysis business. It's a weird thing to get into, at least I thought it was weird, until I noticed the name of the business that is directly across the hall from my new studio...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he can do referrals to you!

Corey Sauer said...

I do sometimes feel that from time to time my "Sentient Health" could use a tune up.

Especially after watching anything on CBS...